Project Manager – Environment (3rd Sector)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Charity & 3rd Sector
Salary: Up to £32000.00 per annum
Contacts: David McClure, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH40379
Expiry date: 2023-04-05
Honeycomb is delighted to be working with a 3rd Sector client, to recruit a permanent Project Manager (environment/sustainable development focus).
The Client - This 3rd Sector organisation is dedicated to creating a cleaner, greener, and more sustainable Northern Ireland by delivering on improving environmental education in every school in Northern Ireland, increasing public engagement for communities in need and raising environmental standards for the places where people spend time: where they live, work and relax. Furthermore, they are collaborating with government led funding streams.
The Role: Credible role will be managing and developing the activities of one of the departments, including the delivery of local environmental quality and certification programmes across Northern Ireland, conduct research and support the Chief Executive in setting the policy direction based on research findings.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Coordinate delivery of Local Environmental Quality programmes such as Blue Flag for beaches and marinas, Borough Cleanliness Survey, Cleaner Neighbourhoods Survey, Marine Litter Survey, and other bespoke surveys.
- Review and update all current procedures and processes, working with Operations to find deliver efficiencies.
- Keep abreast of developments in survey and assessment techniques.
- Manage departmental and project budgets.
- Assist in preparing and disseminating reports.
- Input data using spreadsheets and electronic systems as appropriate.
- Assist the CEO in responding to policy and strategy developments.
- Undertaking policy analysis, briefings, and consultations.
- Organise sub-group meetings, support and contribute to meeting agendas and ensure follow-up actions are addressed.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders, including funders, to build the quality and reputation of programmes.
- Ensure continued income generation through the range of service provisions currently offered, whilst assisting in exploring new business development opportunities.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- A degree level qualification (e.g. sustainable development, environmental policy) or three years equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Surveying/auditing experience.
- Professional (non-academic) experience of data gathering, interrogation and presentation in a range of formats for various audiences.
- Staff management experience.
- Highly proficient in IT skills, including the Microsoft Office suite.
- Full current driving licence and/or access to suitable means of transport to enable you to carry out the duties and responsibilities.
- Experience of successful programme delivery.
- Experience of using CMS.
- Business development experience.
- IEMA certified.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **