Project Manager – SME / Trading , Newry (Public Sector)
Location: Newry & Mourne, County Down
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: £39000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
Contacts: Claire Connolly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH40228
Expiry date: 2023-07-05
Honeycomb is delighted to assist our public sector client with a Project Manager campaign 'temporary ongoing'. Anticipated 12month longevity. Excellent package, hybrid to Newry.
The Client - has been helping small businesses, N.I & ROI, explore; access and avail of new cross-border markets, develop new products, processes and services and become investor ready for over two decades. They currently are looking for a post-holder to align with like minded stakeholders and SME's for the purposes of oversight across a range of existing and upcoming projects.
The Role - Key deliverables surround but not be limited to the following:
- Project manage the development and delivery of new and current work programmes and initiatives, ensuring successful delivery aligned to strategic objectives, government policy and customer needs;
- Deputise for the manager as required and work under your own initiative to ensure programme deliverables remain on target;
- Proactively manage and monitor project / programme delivery and adherence to budget against key performance targets
- Liaise with senior staff and executives in government bodies, development agencies and SMEs (Small and Medium sized Enterprises);
- Prepare material for submission to the Board (and Board sub-committees) and make formal presentations as needed;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and development of processes, programmes and help with the development of new programme areas
- Manage and co-ordinate project evaluation and appraisal procedures in line with Corporate reporting frameworks;
- Organise and attend events, sometimes in partnership with key stakeholders, design and deliver presentations suitable for a variety of audiences;
- Understand economic development business networks and the needs and issues surrounding SME's in both jurisdictions;
- Supervision/management responsibility of staff when required;
The Ideal Person - As this is a 'hands on' new post - the following criterion will be considered alongside competency relative examples of experience :
- 2 years' experience of and responsibility for managing all aspects of a project or work programme
- A working knowledge of issues affecting SMEs.
- Knowledge of building and experience of managing budgets to a high degree of accuracy.
- A high level of IT competency
- This post will require travel on an occasional basis across the island. The work may also require some evening and weekend working. Candidates will be asked to confirm that they can meet this requirement.
- The successful candidate may be required to work flexibly across the organisation and must demonstrate the willingness to do so.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Manager (Public & 3rd Sector), Claire McCleery at Honeycomb Jobs on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.