Proofreader, 6am – 2.30pm, Mon – Fri (Hybrid)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Legal & Compliance
Contacts: Nicole McDermott, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH33633
Expiry date: 2022-07-26
Honeycomb is working in partnership with a leading global law firm for the recruitment of a document checker/ Proofreader. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Belfast (Hybrid). Choice of an early or night shift.
The Client and department
Our client is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries.
This role sits in the Document Services department consisting of 10 teams delivering the following services: Document Services Helpdesk, Document Production, Creative Services, Presentations and Document Checking, Central Records, Central Scanning and E-bible, Office Assistants, Practice Support and Print Room.
This role involves timely and high-quality document checking, copy editing and proofreading service in accordance with the needs of the department's clients.
- To proofread a wide range of documents for spelling, sense and grammar in accordance with house style guides or bespoke client requirements, ensuring the highest standard of documentation
- To carry out other checking tasks, both ad hoc and as part of standard departmental practice, to ensure that the quality of documentation is in line with the expectations of the firm
- To take instruction from the department's clients, clarifying queries as appropriate, following the required administrative and technical procedures
- To provide advice for clients with regard to the use of English language or house style issues and editing documents to improve readability if requested
- To provide guidance to other Document Centre teams on styles/formatting and use of the English language
- To keep personal workload under active review and to advise colleagues responsible for workflow, the department's clients or Supervisor immediately of any potential issues
- To effectively utilise CRM system to manage personal workload, adding updates and pertinent information in real time to facilitate smooth execution/handover on ongoing projects
- Would suit someone with an English degree or someone with a real passion for the English Language.
- High attention to detail
- Proofreadin experience desirable
Hours of work
The hours of work will be 6am - 2:30pm, or alternatively a night-shift option is available for this position.
Salary and Package
- Market Leading Salary
- Unrivalled Benefits & Rewards package
- Hybrid working model
- Guaranteed bonus payment
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Nicole McDermott, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050 .
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **