Recruitment Team Leader
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Human Resource & Personnel
Salary: £25594 - £33200 per annum
Contacts: Lesley Dugan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH35292
Expiry date: 2022-09-20
Honeycomb is delighted to be assisting our client, a well-known Belfast-based charitable organisation. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a strong Recruitment team. This is a full-time, permanent role based in South Belfast.
A Northern Ireland care-providing charity, based in South Belfast. The organisation has gone from strength to strength in recent years, and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a strong and growing recruitment team.
To support delivery of the Recruitment Strategy support key activities and projects to improve the quality and service levels of the department in accordance with the Charity's rules, regulations and policies. To lead, support and develop a team of Recruitment Specialists (based in Belfast) in appointing candidates across NI, GB, ROI and Isle of Man. Work in partnership with key stakeholders to develop and review workforce plans, forecasting requirements and ensuring overall delivery for our users.
- To be a trusted partner within the Management team. Have a solid understanding of recruitment end to end processes and demonstrate commitment to making realistic improvements
- Working in partnership with the Head of Recruitment with additional organisational stakeholders such as the HR and Marketing teams, to review processes and practices, to ensure, consistency, compliance, effectiveness throughout the Charity.
- Provide the Head of Recruitment with a suite of reports, highlighting trends, patterns and identifying areas of concern or priority within the recruitment function
- Supporting all members of the recruitment team in ensuring the organisational recruitment strategy is implemented efficiently and effectively giving candidates the best experience.
- Actively participate in recruitment activities, i.e., attending recruitment fairs, visiting services, and assisting in interviews
- To hold weekly 1-2-1s with the recruiters and administrators ensuring KPIs are assigned, and progress is monitored weekly
- Represent the recruitment team in operational head meetings, zone meetings and HR meetings
- Engage and motivate the team to strive for excellence and form a true partnership with operational partners.
- To liaise with key stakeholders building lasting relationships, managing expectations and at times having difficult conversations
- Work in partnership with the HRIS Team to ensure hiring managers are adequately trained on the recruitment processes. Provide expertise, guidance and coaching to the recruitment teams by overseeing all activity.
- Keep up to date in legislative, compliance changes, and market changes through research and self-learning.
- To be a trusted team member and deliver against the Charity's core values. Continually identify improvement areas and support projects and meetings as required.
- To step in and oversee day-to-day recruitment in the absence of any associates or administrators temporarily
- Review marketing campaigns for priority areas and liaise with the marketing team to come up with strategic ways to target those areas.
- To assist with headhunting high priority roles within the organisation.
- To advertise, shortlist, interview, and complete checks for all new team members into the recruitment team. This would also include liaising with the IT departments to obtain equipment for new starts, the HRIS team to schedule training and to also induct the new team member into the organisation.
- To review the training schedules of all team members, ensuring organisational training is completed.
- To compose internal team training sessions on various areas such as systems, policies, procedures, headhunting, recruiting fairly, right to work and vetting/police checks
- Scheduling probation review meetings and outlining key areas for improvement in order to develop the recruitment team
- Approve expenses, and arrange travel for recruiters who are travelling to GB, IOM or ROI
- To manage any employee relations matters within the team with the support of your HR colleagues.
- Approve and schedule annual leave to ensure that as little disruption happens within the team as well as ensuring a good work life balance and limit organisational disruptions.
- Draw up rotas to ensure all staff are taking advantage of the hybrid working policy
- Be an appointed Lead body for vetting in ROI and NI, ensuring that all vetting checks are compliant and attending annual reviews with vetting bodies to confirm.
- Ensuring that the recruitment and selection policy is kept up to date and is being followed by the stakeholders within the organisation.
- Overseeing annual department data audits.
- Degree Educated
- CIPD qualified
- 3 years' experience in recruitment role, with previous management/team leader experience
- Experience in process improvement
- Experience of in-house recruitment
- Experience in reporting on key metrics within a recruitment environment
- Experience of working with internal recruitment systems
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Highly driven and energetic in approach to getting things done
- Reliable, personable and positive in approach
- Proactive and solution orientated
- Resilient and works well under pressure
- Ability to make medium level decisions, within parameters of scope already agreed with Head of Recruitment.
- Can recommend concepts, changes and timelines to Head of Recruitment
- Knowledge of Article 55 and fair employment laws
- Full valid driving licence and access to own vehicle
Salary is £25,594 - £33,777 depending on skills and experience.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Lesley Dugan at Honeycomb on 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and are present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **