Regulation & Education Administrator (Bar of NI, Belfast)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Legal & Compliance
Contacts: David McClure, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH31730
Expiry date: 2022-07-11
Honeycomb is exclusively working with the Bar of NI, to recruit for a Regulation and Education Support Officer, to join their high performing team based in Belfast city.The role is full time and permanent and a unique opportunity to join this prestigious organisation.
The Bar of Northern Ireland is a strong, thriving profession of over 600 self employed barristers in independent practice.
As an elected body of 20 practising barristers, the Bar Council is responsible for the governance, regulation and representation of the profession. The Bar Council is supported by a Chief Executive, Management and Staff team of 30, operating from the Bar Library in Belfast.
Access to training, experience, continual professional development, research technology and modern facilities within the Bar Library enhances the expertise of individual barristers and ensures the highest quality of service to clients and the court.
Key duties include:
- Under the direction of the Bar Council Office Supervisor, support the activities and duties of the Bar Council Office in order to maintain the first-class support services that fall within the scope of the Bar Council Office.
- Support the Bar Council office to administer its regulatory role by ensuring that key regulatory processes are carried out in a timely, accurate and proactive manner and dealing courteously and effectively with regulatory enquiries submitted by barristers and others.
- Provide dedicated and proactive administrative support to the function by which Practising Certificates are granted to barristers in accordance with the prevailing rules of the Bar Council of NI. Demonstrate the attention to detail and work scheduling required to ensure this aspect of the barrister regulation function operates efficiently and is compliant with the relevant Rules of the Code of Conduct.
- Provide administrative support to specified committees of the Bar Council including the Exemption Committee, CPD Committee, Education Committee and Advocacy Training Board. Ensure that the support provided assists each Committee to operate efficiently and in accordance with all relevant Rules.
- Provide administrative support to the ETO to ensure the education and training function operates efficiently and is compliant with the relevant Rules of the Code of Conduct.
- Record Keeping and Data Protection.
- Event Coordination.
- Provide back up secretarial support taking dictation and minutes at meetings with the preparation of papers if required.
Full job description available
- Educated to at least A-Level standard or equivalent
- GCSEs at C grade or above or equivalent in Maths and English
- A minimum of 3 years Administration/Clerical/Secretarial experience gained within the last 5 years
- Experience of minute taking at high level complex meetings.
- Demonstrable experience with the Microsoft Office package, especially in Word and Excel
- Minimum of 60 wpm typing ability
- Demonstrable experience of working with processes and systems in a professional service oriented environment
- Experience of critically assessing established processes and systems and being proactive in implementing change.
- Experience in working to strict and conflicting deadlines and working well under pressure.
- Experience of remote meeting software, e.g. Zoom, Teams etc. for hosting and editing events.
- Experience in event organisation
- Experience in written and oral communication with senior professionals.
- Salary is dependent on skills and experience
- 22 days leave and 13 statutory/privilege days. Annual leave increases by 1 day for each year after first 5 years' service to a maximum of 25 days annually
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare after a 6 month probationary period, successfully passed.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **