Regulatory Reporting Manager – Sustainability
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Banking & Finance
Contacts: Evelyn Fraser, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH43496
Expiry date: 2023-07-17
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Sustainability team. As an organisation, we are clear about our ambition to both 'go green ourselves' and to 'help our customers go green'. Being Sustainable & Responsible is one of our key strategic priorities and recognises that we have an important role to play in addressing the climate crisis. As Sustainability Manager, you will play a key role in helping us achieve our ambitions that are key to the success of our climate response.
As a Sustainability Manager you'll play a key role in progressing the Bank's sustainability strategy. You will engage, support and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and business areas in the development, implementation and delivery of a range of sustainability initiatives.
You'll be responsible for preparing and compiling both internal and external sustainability reporting across a range of performance metrics and through technical and governance papers for senior stakeholders along with using data driven insights to undertake climate focused stress testing and scenario analysis. Ultimately, you'll be responsible for ensuring our sustainability agenda is progressed ins a risk astute and regulatory compliant way.
What you'll do
- Support the Head of Sustainability in developing the Bank's sustainability strategy
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders aiming to enhance and maximise expertise within the Bank in relation to sustainability
- Support the Head of Sustainability in engaging and presenting complex subject matter to Board level stakeholders.
- Compose and contribute to technical papers for internal governance forums on complex subject matter
- Build, maintain and prepare a climate disclosure reporting framework and annual reporting content ensuring alignment with all relevant climate reporting standards (e.g. TCFD, TNFD and ISSB)
- Build and maintain an ongoing stress testing and scenario analysis framework in relation to climate change risk
- Develop and propose climate change risk mitigation actions including credit policy and process amendments
- Maintain and monitor climate change risk through use of the RCSA and ORMS processes
- Maintain and develop sustainability content for inclusion with the Risk Management Framework, contributing to the climate section of the Risk Appetite Statement.
- Compile and maintain relevant sustainability policies, position statements and instructions
- Utilise data driven insights and analysis in order to create key climate related returns to regulatory / financial documents including input to ICAAP
- Liaise with key Group and Internal stakeholders relating to emissions pathways, internal and external reporting and the analysis, interpretation and reporting of key climate data.
- Deputise for the Head of Sustainability on sustainability topic matter as required
What skills / qualifications will you need?
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to collaborate with others across the organisation, including senior management.
- Demonstrable experience of climate related reporting and disclosures and / or risk management related to the financial services sector
- Demonstrable experience of analysing data, identifying trends and producing clear, concise reports which provide recommendations or solutions
- This role would suit an accountant or risk management professional looking to build their career in a sustainability role
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **