Scheduler/ Work Controller (public sector, N. Belfast)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £12.87 per hour
Contacts: Claire Connolly, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH30578
Expiry date: 2022-12-22
Honeycomb is recruiting on behalf of our public sector client for a 'Logistics Scheduler/ Work Controller'. Immediate competitive package. Excellent 3month+ temporary role, 50% hybrid to North Belfast.
The Client - This large organisation provides a regional wide range of services associated with utilities. Further details disclosed throughout application. Immediate posting due to increased level of service demand. Excellent team dynamic within this dept.
The Role - Relative to the North Belfast site with free parking. This Immediate role -FT Temporary with likely extension operates a highly competitive package which is desirable for experienced candidates coming from private sector industry experience.
Eligible to apply for internal roles and huge motivator about this organisation is the excellent pension if made permanent. This role will be to support the Logistics and Operations Manager to contribute to an effective service to both domestic and commercial customers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Control the assignment, scheduling, dispatch and closure of work to staff and contractors using our systems, optimising available resources to ensure customer requirements are prioritised, in accordance to the organisations vision and values.
- Interpret data from all available systems and customers, to allow early recognition of real time event s, enabling field staff to respond early and resolve quickly. Continuous monitoring through to closure of events, updating colleagues and systems to keep customers
- Evaluate, analyse and accurately change/ capture/ escalate information on systems, supporting the integrity of data, driving operational efficiency and improving the quality of management
- Work collaboratively with Intelligent Operations and Production Lines colleagues, sharing information
- Extract data and present in a manner that conveys the information in a clear and concise manner , appropriate to the given context of the task.
- Prepare and distribute regular and ad-hoc reports, providing your managers, colleagues and Production Lines with useful information/ recommendations , influencing and facilitating quick decision making.
The Person - An ideal candidate will be highly organised; analytical and able to prioritise workload.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's Grade C or above or equivalent, to include English and Math's.
- Experience of communicating effectively across a diverse range of stakeholders , using various forms of communication
- Experience of working to targets/ deadlines, in a regulated and/ or customer service environment
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications including Excel, Word and
Experience in logistics/ scheduling
Experience of working within a utility company with a working knowledge of NI Water assets and networks .
"Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself,
debar that person from being appointed to this post.
Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please go to
www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/accessni-criminal-record-checks for more information."
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Manager of Temporary Division (Public & 3rd Sector) at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **