Snr. Cemetaries Administrator, 3mth+ public sector contract
Location: Dundonald, County Down
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: £12.73 - £12.96 per hour
Contacts: Claire Connolly, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH30544
Expiry date: 2023-06-02
Honeycomb is delighted to be assisting a large public sector client with the immediate uptake of a Senior Cemeteries administrator 3month+ contract, multi-site role, rota based throughout G. Belfast.
The Client: This crucial department across this organisation operates to ensure an effective and comprehensive service is provided for those dealing with the loss of a loved one. This particular directorate oversees 5x cemeteries throughout the Belfast catchment area.
The Role: Please note this role has a 2-week rotational rota requiring own travel to sites throughout Dundonald/ ; Greater & Central Belfast. 37 hpw and occasional request of 39.5 per week inclusive of a Sat morning (enhancement rate applicable). Further details disclosed throughout application.
Reporting to Dept Management, duties inclusive of:
- To deal with all correspondence in the absence of the Bereavement Administration Manager
- To accept payments for burials and memorialisations, prepare lodgements and to assist with the reconciliation of accounts on a monthly
- To compile monthly accounts for funeral directors and monumental
- To accompany the Bereavement Administration Manager to consultations with bereaved families, funeral director's meetings.
- To motivate and manage any staff that may be assigned to the post holder to ensure effective service delivery and to be responsible for reviewing and implementing a proper staff training and development
- To provide cover for Crematorium and cemeteries site offices as required
- To align with relevant stakeholders who would be involved in the registration of a death certificate. I.e. funeral directors; GP offices & Health service parties.
- Deal with highly sensitive queries with a level of supportive and professional customer service
- Liaise with cemetery management personnel with regards site maps; logistics and maintenance of database / records & files
- To assist in providing information and advice to the public regarding memorialisation options at the cemeteries and crematorium.
The Person: This role requires a candidate with suitable experience and professional manner to deal with a highly sensitive task orientation
Experience: The suited candidate should possess at least 1+ years' relevant experience surrounding the following:
- Familarity with Bereavement services
- Supervising staff on a daily basis
- Working in an environment which deals with bereavement issues including providing advice and support to customers in a sympathetic and sensitive manner (i.e. GP office or funeral director)
- Undertaking administrative and cash handling duties within a business environment
- Using information technology software such as Microsoft Office, or equivalent packages.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Manager (Public & 3rd Sector) at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.