Staff Officer – Corp. Services, Enniskillen (Public Sector, Permanent)
Location: Enniskillen, County Fermanagh
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: £32880.00 - £34011.00 per annum
Contacts: Claire Connolly, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH33582
Expiry date: 2023-11-24
Honeycomb is assisting a large public sector organisation in recruiting a Permanent Grade Staff Officer. Corporate Services. Excellent hybrid package with benefits located in Enniskillen.
The Client - This large service led multi-site public sector organisation delivers across an extensive range of services and strategic projects. The Grade 'Staff Officer' package contract includes: Hybrid policy (2 days in office); 25 + 12 statutory holidays per annum; free parking & attractive pension.
The Role - Reporting to the Head of Corporate Services, this purpose of this role is to provide and manage an efficient and pro-active administrative support service. This will involve: managing staff, projects, and other resources to enhance service delivery and contribute to the achievement of business objectives. This role will include the obligations of Data Protection Officer and Equality Champion for the Organisation. Key Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking research and collation of information for projects as required
- Responsible for Parliamentary and FoI Questions and general correspondence
- Organisation, prioritisation, and allocation of work in Section, including Managing Governance and Compliance including GDPR - Data Protection, Records Management, FOIs, Policies, Facilities Management and Equality and Disability Agenda including Action Plan Delivery.
- Fulfilling as Data Protection Officer for Organisation.
- Fulfilling the role of Equality Champion for Organisation.
- Supporting role as Premises Officer.
- Preparation of briefing material for senior staff.
- Collation, analysis and presentation of verbal, numeric and financial information
- Attending relevant meetings and contributing to them. Taking and presenting accurate minutes. Chairing the Equality and Diversity Working Group.
- Initiate and develop alternative / additional work processes and procedures as required.
The Person - Throughout these posts, a successful candidate is expected to act as a key interface, ensuring that communications and information from internal and external contacts are disseminated, controlled and managed effectively. The post-holder will be required to meet the following criterion prior to reaching the next stage of the campaign:
A degree or equivalent, and A minimum of three year's administrative experience of which two years has included staff management responsibilities,
Five years' experience in an administrative role, of which at least three years has included staff management responsibilities
Successful candidates will be required to travel to the Body's regional offices. It is therefore essential that applicants either have a full current driving licence and / or access to a form of transport which will permit the candidate to meet the requirements of the post in full.
A relevant professional/business related qualification
Experience of working in dual jurisdictions
Experience of project management
Experience as Data Protection Officer
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Head of Public & 3rd Sector at Honeycomb Jobs on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving a high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **