Summer Holiday Scheme/Programme Staff (3 weeks – Larne, Carrick, Ballymena)
Location: Carrickfergus, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £11.59 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH42140
Expiry date: 2023-06-09
Honeycomb is delighted to be assisting a public sector client in the recruitment of multiple 'Holiday Scheme/Programme Staff' (3 week duration); attractive hourly rate, situated in Larne/Ballymena/Carrick.
The Client: This client collaborates with a number of community focused youth programme oriented organisations. This summer there is provision to provide an interactive programme working in partnership with the professional coaches and trainers.
The Role: This activity focused scheme will require multiple Holiday Scheme/Programme Staff to assist with the delivery of the programme. Closing date: Tues 16th May.
Please note - this post will require full availability for the following dates:
Scheme weeks (24 July 2022 - 11 August 2023 inclusive, excluding Saturdays and Sundays): 18-24 hours per week for 3 weeks as and when required.
Applicants must be available for the entire duration of the Scheme as outlined above.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assist the Programme Coordinator in the development and implementation of a structural programme of supervised indoor and outdoor activities including day trips.
- Ensure that participants are supervised at all times and are fully engaged in activities and take control of any disruptive behaviour.
- Undertake any training relevant to the post.
- Maintain accurate records of work, accidents, and incidents where appropriate.
- Planning programme activities and operational schedule for staff to follow (tailored for service users with disabilities).
- Adhering to organisation led policies and procedures for the provision of the programme.
The Person: *The dates and nature of this particular programme would be suited to the likes Education/ Sports Coaching University Students who are off/home for the summer with attractive hourly rate (details disclosed further throughout application).
- Minimum of 4 GCSE's (Grades A-C) including English Language.
- A coaching qualification in sport - minimum level 1, physical education, or a teaching or Youth Work qualification.
- Previous experience working in Holiday Schemes/Programmes and/or experience in assisting in the development and implementation of large scale activity events.
- A full current driving license valid in the UK and access to a car OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
Desirable: Previous experience as a Summer Scheme Assistant /or experience in the organisation of large scale activity events.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Specialist Recruitment Consultant of Public & 3rd Sector Division at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
"Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost with the client. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please go to:
www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/accessni-criminal-record-checks for more information."
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **