Temporary Administrator – Ards Blair Mayne Leisure Centre
Location: Ards, County Down
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: £12.16 - £13.08 per hour
Contacts: Claire Connolly, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH47580
Expiry date: 2023-12-06
Honeycomb is delighted to be partnering with Ards North Down Borough Council & is currently seeking an immediate 'Temporary administrator' for Ards Blair Mayne Well-being and Leisure Complex. Corporate hours, 36hpw & free parking.
The Client - This vibrant and welcoming work setting has a large team who contribute to facilitating a wide range of leisure facilities and services to the public. A busy operation with premium customer service at the heart of it.
The Role - Due to an internal secondment - this is an immediately available post where an initial temporary post could have the option of looking at extension. Operating across a corporate hours structure (Mon-Friday) with free parking and access to the wonderful facilities.
Duties would include but not be limited to:
- General administration including word processing, audio typing, maintenance of spreadsheets and databases, central and localised filing systems and dealing with general enquiries from the public.
- Secretarial/administrative support to the designated line manager.
- Tasks specific to the post to which you are appointed that are relevant to this grade of post.
- Processing of financial systems; invoicing and cash handling.
- Processing of ICT systems and/or programmes.
- Collate and produce management information and Committee/Council reports as directed. Attending meetings to formally record minutes.
- Deal with complaints in line with the Council's customer complaints policy.
- Provide support in updating and maintaining the Council's website.
- Provide cover or additional resources for other employees in the Section in respect of meeting deadlines or when additional resources need to be applied to any specific duty of the section.
- To comply with and promote equality, health and safety in accordance with Council policies and legal requirement.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
The Person -
- Friendly and personable team player with strong communication skills
- 5 GCSEs including English and Maths or equivalent
- Relevant administration experience
- Cash handling experience including bank lodgements and reconciliation
- Minimum of 6 months' experience in an Administration office within a Leisure Centre or similar environment including experience of administering memberships
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery, Manager of Public Sector at Honeycomb Jobs on 02896 207050.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving a high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **