Tender/ Purchasing Officer (public sector)
Location: Bangor, County Down
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £17.88 per hour
Contacts: Claire Connolly, email@example.com
Job Ref: BBBH35632
Expiry date: 2022-10-03
Honeycomb is delighted to be working in partnership with our client, a leading Public Sector organisation, to recruit a Procurement Officer on a temporary basis. This is a long term temporary role (expected 6 months), with full time hours and excellent rate of pay - £17.88 p/h.
- As Procurement Officer, you will be responsible for the provision of operational procurement support across the organisation and to lead, promote and modernise procurement processes, within the constraints of UK procurement regulations. Typical duties will include:
- Provide procurement training, advice and support across the organisation
- To monitor legislative and procedural compliance corporately across the organisation, ensuring that appropriate standards are adhered to.
- To identify areas where the tender process can be extended and to work with relevant staff across organisation to develop corporate contracts and progress preferred supplier relationships as appropriate
- Operational management of corporate contracts across the organisation, including contract management with both Officers and suppliers and reporting to the Procurement Manager on performance
- Updating of procurement information available to Officers and suppliers on both the Intranet and Internet sites and communication of same through training, briefing sessions and roadshows for both the organisations employees and local suppliers.
- To maintain use of an e-procurement platform for the issue and submission of all tenders and to implement and encourage the use of other sustainable procurement strategies across the Organisation
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following:
- 3rd level qualification or equivalent
- Five years' relevant experience as detailed below
- At least two years' relevant experience within a procurement/purchasing unit including the preparation and issue of tenders for a diverse range of supplies, services and works
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office and related packages, particularly Word, Excel and presentation software
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Claire McCleery - Manager, Public & 3rd Sector Temporary Division at Honeycomb on 028 96207050.
Please note, if you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.