Welfare Support Officer (Public Sector, EO2)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
Industry: Public Sector
Salary: Up to £13.52 per hour
Contacts: David McClure, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Ref: BBBH34168
Expiry date: 2022-08-04
Honeycomb is delighted to be working with our public sector client, to recruit a Welfare Support Officer, temporary 6month contract with possible extension. Competitive package based in Belfast.
The Client - Our quasi-public sector client is an organisation who provides safe, effective support and care to individuals who have been affected by the Troubles. This client is one of the leading entities of the EU Programme for Peace and Reconciliation.
The Role: This credible position sits within Victims Payment Scheme project. Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Locating, identifying and collating all relevant information held by the organisation for release to the applicant and/or the Scheme Administrator.
- Maintain detailed records of all interactions and correspondence and update management information systems on a regular basis.
- Support Welfare Co-ordinator to identify and deliver upon the training and support needs of staff and funded organisations.
- Act as a point of contact to address any queries or concerns arising from client applications under the scheme. Communicating with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with the appropriate agencies in the preparation and presentation of applications and appeals.
- Use initiative to identify and implement improvements to the operational systems and processes.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- 2 years' experience using a variety of written, non-verbal and verbal communication skills to effectively engage with clients with non-complex and complex needs.
- Experience of drafting operating manuals.
- High level competence in the use of IT packages, MS Suite.
- Processing high volumes of information in line with office policies and procedures.
- Developing and delivering reporting templates, management reports and progress updates.
- 5+ GCSE Grades A - C in Maths and English Language.
- Experience working within the Welfare system in Northern Ireland.
- Leading or participating in managing projects/programmes.
- Liaising with a wide range of vulnerable clients and a broad range of service providers.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact David McClure, Recruitment Consultant at Honeycomb on 02896 207050.
"Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence. Please go to:
www.nidirect.gov.uk/campaigns/accessni-criminal-record-checks for more information."
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **