Posted: 14 February 2020Apply Now
Honeycomb are delighted to be working alongside a leading education body to recruit for a temporary part time lecturer in Biology. This role is temporary ongoing.
A renown education body facilitating students in further and higher level education.
To promote and develop a programme of courses in Biology appropriate to the educational and training needs of the area and ensure its effective and efficient delivery.
Hours of work:
(Monday 9am - 3.15pm, Tuesday 9.15 - 2.45pm, Wednesday 9.15am - 3.30pm, Thursday 9.15am - 4.15pm, Fri 9.15 - 1.30pm.)
* Teach a range of subjects at various levels within the relevant subject/programme area - Biology
* Prepare and implement schemes of work for relevant teaching programmes
* Prepare student assessment schedules and profiles
* Work as a leader or member of appropriate course teams
* Design and prepare course submissions for validation purposes
* Awareness of the welfare of students and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for self, students and colleagues and carry out risk assessments as required
* Promote courses and services offered within the relevant subject/programme area
* Maintain a knowledge base relevant to the post through appropriate staff development
* Recruit/interview students to various courses within the College
* Liaise with employers, Higher Educational establishments and professional associations
* A Degree in Biology (or closely related discipline) and 1 year in the last 5 relevant industrial and/or teaching experience in Biology or a closely related field.
* A pass grade at GCSE Level in English Language or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or an equivalent qualification.
* A pass grade at GCSE Level in Mathematics or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or NICATS Access Maths Modules or an equivalent qualification.
* A full current driving license which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and access to a car for official business purposes.
* Demonstrable knowledge needed to perform the role and a positive approach to developing own knowledge base.
* An ability to confidently communicate relevant information clearly and precisely to groups.
* An ability to work cooperatively with stakeholders across the College to achieve group or College goals
* The ability to plan and organise workload.
The successfully appointed Candidates will require an enhanced Access NI check via agency before commencing role.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Dearbhla Kilpatrick, Account Manager at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050
Share this job: